I’m Gibbs i was born in the Caribbean on an island called Guadeloupe. I’ve been in London for 6 years and I’ve finish my H N D at the London Centre of Contemporary of Music and going back For my last year degree specializing in music director. I love all type of music but my Favorite is jazz fusion funk etc…huh!! I got few more project coming up and gigs as well so keep visiting thanks. And I’d like to thank the Greek Brothers Vasillios and Dimitrios for the their amazing performance on the “fusion” track without them it wouldn’t have been possible ~Vasillios for his co-writer help and synth pad and solo. ~ Dimitrios for solo guitar ~And last but not forgotten the great Chus Gancedo from Spain on drums thank you very much guys.
- What’s your artist name?
- How would u describe your own music?
- What is it about the Banana Klan that inspires you?
The music, the idea of the collective. The variety of musicians & collaborations.
The family vibe is the major inspiration. And all of the Mums.
- What is your first working memory of being part of the Banana Klan?
Have been hearing about the BKlan since 2008. first joined on the Jimmy Screech tour & then the Slime & Reason tour.
- What other projects/ musicians are you working with this year?
Self & various
- What do you believe the ‘motto’ or values of the Klan are?
Dub is everything & also the Family. Spreading the message of the Klan.
Sharing the music world.
- Has any one member of the Klan inspired you immensely? If so, how?
Rodney is the main inspiration.
Ricky for his vibes.
Seanie Tee lyrically.
Amos for production.
Gordon has had an impact on me as well.
- What do you feel the future of the Klan is?
The future is big, it’s a development & work in progress.
- Three words to describe the Dub College.
Cool, awesome Vibe.
- What is your favourite fruit?
Apples & oranges back home, but here in tesco, I buy only grapes & bananas!